סוף זמן ק"ש:
    סוף זמן תפילה:
    חצות היום:
    מנחה גדולה:

    A strike from the Heavens against someone who harmed Rashbi’s tziyun

    The War of Independence, 5708 (1948). The soldiers of the 7th Armored Brigade, who were fighting
    in northern Israel, prepared to capture the Arab village of Meron.
    Rabbi Yaakov Tannenbaum was a young fighter in the brigade. He was born in Tornaľa in Slovakia in
    5684 (1923), a descendant of a famous rabbinical family. As a boy he was sent to yeshiva in Paks,
    Hungary, and merited being a chavrusa of the Erlauer Rebbe. He lost most of his family during the
    Shoah, and he himself was saved with great miracles from the camps.
    After the war ended, he sailed on the ma’apilim (“illegal” immigrant) ship, The Exodus. The British
    sent it back to Cyprus, and from there to Germany. In early Iyar 5708 (May 1948), Tannenbaum
    succeeded in reaching Palestine, and was conscripted into the army. Now, together with his
    comrades in the 7th Armored Brigade, they prepared to capture the Arab village of Meron, with the
    grave of the holy Tanna, Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai at its edge.
    They were fearful that the Arabs might have harmed Rashbi’s kever, and wondered how it had
    survived their attacks. However, there was a great surprise in store for them.
    When they reached Meron, they discovered that the Arabs had already run away, before the army
    even came.
    They hurried to Rashbi and when they entered the tziyun of Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai, they were
    delighted to see that the Arabs had not harmed the holy place, although they did find that the edge
    of his matzeivah was broken and damaged.
    When talking to the captives it was discovered that the Arabs had tried to destroy the tombstones of
    Rashbi and his son, Rabbi Elazar.
    The Arab who hit the tziyun first began to scream in pain. His friends panicked and the destruction
    The Jewish soldiers tried to find a stone to complete the matzeivah. When they found a stone, they
    realized that it was the piece which had been broken off and thrown outside. The piece was restored
    to its place and it can still be identified, on the edge of the tombstone of the tziyun in Meron.